Tuesday 13 January 2009

Job- Sainsburys



Sainsburys

When ever I start a new job the first thing I do I suppose because its in my nature, is to assess how I can get away with doing as little as possible whilst appearing to be doing a great deal. This is my approach to many things including relationships, sex, cleaning, conversation, dancing, walking, jogging, reading, eating, packing, shelving, decorating, helping friends, helping family, dieting, exercise, cooking, charity work, washing dishes, gardening, Christmas, birthdays, …..

One of my first Jobs was with Sainsbury’s supermarket I started off as a shelf packer with dreams of becoming a check out chick which one day came true. I lived opposite Sainsbury’s which was my reason for applying in the first place, This particular branch of Sainsbury’s was rather large and I was basically left to my own devices the back store opened out on to the car park and from their I could see my little house which became to much of a distraction and temptation for me.
I was pretending to look for frozen chickens one morn and was looking out on to the car park, I could see my house and a feeling of longing came over me a need to be free from the constraints of society and shelf packing, I wanted to be in that house, it was taunting me just sitting their empty and comfortable and warm. TV was in that house and tea and cakes. I began to move and suddenly my feet began to work independently of my body as they walked me sneakily but briskly out of the store over the car park down my road into my house straight to the kitchen were I boiled the kettle and made a cup of tea, I waited in silence drinking my tea and eating a hob nob, for about 45 minutes frozen with fear, I wanted to put the TV on but knew I shouldn’t push my luck.
I returned without anyone noticing, the rush was incredible and addictive. Leaving work in the middle of my shift became a common occurrence each time I returned home I would become more adventurous with the length of time I was there, cooking whole lasagnes, dyeing my hair, or decorating the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment